A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

Goonellabah

st petes anglican church goonellabah

Goonellabah

St Peter’s Anglican Church

 

Seeing God’s Word growing in us; seeing His power to reach all Goonellabah

 

53 Deegan Dr, Goonellabah

Combined Church Service

10am Sunday 29th April, 2018. St Peter’s Deegan Drive, Goonellabah. Come and share your memories of St Pete’s as this will be our last service followed by a BBQ lunch (gold coin donation). Please bring a salad or desert to share. This will be the only service in the Parish this weekend.


 

 

View Map

IMG_20150913_184944IMG_20150913_184911


 

 

 

St Petes


 

Brief History of St Peters Goonellabah

Goonellabah was originally part of the Alstonville Parish and Church services were being held in private homes by the Rector of Alstonville. Later the Lismore Parish boundary was extended to  include Goonellabah.

In 1952 land was donated by Mr & Mrs Dunne in Rous Road for a church. This was later sold and land purchased in Fischer Street. Later Dr Sillar’s two storey home on the corner of Rous Road and Ballina Road was purchased, the lower floor was converted into a chapel and the upper floor served as a residence for the curate. This property was sold and a new church built in its current location Deegan Drive in 1978.